Wednesday, April 15, 2009

so its been a while..

... and I figure I should give a little recap to the two audience members this blog potentially entertains;

1. I've stopped all work on my book "Eden, Shattered" indefinitely. And by indefinitely I mean it. Kind of. It originally started out as a way to express some repressed emotions but, with recent developments in my own life, I've come to realize that it isn't necessary anymore. Maybe it represented my search for forgiveness in myself, and with me finally being able to, I don't need to write it anymore. At least, not in the direction it was originally going to head in. I think maybe, due to the encouragement I've been receiving from everyone to finish it, that I eventually will. But its going to take a completely different direction.

2. Kid Cudi is my new favorite artist. Drake has taken a backseat as I realized his mixtapes don't have any replay value after the first couple of weeks. Reason? No substance. I could care less about hearing the girls hopping in and out of his leased Phantom or how much liquor this nigga consumes before he hits the booth. His flow? Effortless. But he's overrated. Yes Jimmy of Degrassi fans, I said it... who wants a problem? Cudi, on the other hand, has amazing replay value. Reason? I can relate to his shit. And I mean, isn't that what's important? He's a regular dude who talks about regular shit in a dope way. Sorry Drake, but I don't wear Jordan sweatsuits as my flight closed, nor will I ever be fortunate enough to board a plane after the ticket agent draws that fucking elastic band in front of the gate door.

3. Not anymore.

4. I'm not good at this whole single lifestyle. I realized this, actually, sitting in the shower a good half hour ago. Probably where I do my best thinking. Mos Def, on the Bill Maher show, said something to the effect of "We as human beings are hardwired to be passionate about something. Its our nature." So I sat down and thought what the hell I'm hardwired to be passionate about. Yeah yeah, I love running. I'm good at writing but I'm only passionate about writing about well... love. I'm passionate about love. Or rather, a profoundly deep connection between two individuals. A mutual respect, admiration for the ability to be vulnerable and sacrifice that spawns from that type of emotion. I mean, its just dope. The world itself needs love all around.

I'm going to stop writing now. Because I'm bored with it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment